If you spend your time concerned about the safety of your drivers, meeting prescribed safety regulations, and the strategic decisions your drivers have to make while on the road, you should invest in IoT solutions for the following:
1. Predictive weather analytics so you can get real-time updates about the weather conditions your drivers are facing and course-correct them in real-time. Sensors in your vehicle and along your route can provide the most accurate weather data so you can optimize delivery time.
2. In-cab analytics to ensure your fleet is driving responsibly and efficiently. Your company doesn’t need a reputation for having reckless drivers, and you should know if your team is pulling all-nighters to make their delivery schedules.
If you’re trying to maintain the longevity (and safety) of your vehicles while also maintaining budget, you should look into IoT solutions for the following:
1. Preventative vehicle maintenance that provides data on things like tire pressure, vehicle battery, and engine health. You can receive standard diagnostic engine codes from your assets (without manual intervention or readings) so you can find vehicle problems before they find you.
2. Remote asset maintenance, allowing you to monitor the health of those assets for which you may not have regular physical access or updates. Fleets are not inexpensive to purchase and maintain, so every asset counts (even the ones you forget about sometimes!).
Green Fleet Initiatives
If you’re looking for ways to reduce your fleet’s carbon footprint, helping you stay compliant and environmentally friendly, you should invest in IoT solutions to do the following:
Reduce idle time of assets, ensuring they are only burning fuel when necessary. This can mean optimizing routes to avoid wasting gas in traffic or monitoring driver patterns to coach drivers in fuel optimization best practices.
Ultimately, IoT solutions serve to move the industry towards connected fleets. This is a world in which you can follow your assets as they travel, monitor their health remotely, and reroute your team to put them on the safest and most efficient path available. Fleet managers can track driving patterns to pinpoint best and worst practices to enable careful and cognizant drivers. Efforts to go green move in tandem with cost-saving initiatives, backed by data to mobilize programs that protect your budget and the planet. Connecting your fleet makes your drivers better, your budget tighter, and your vehicles safer. All this makes your job easier.
- 2021-07-19• 4G Cat.1 Asset GNSS Tracker LL301 Has Been Released
- 2021-05-28• How to Track Fleet Activity With Reporting Software.
- 2021-04-16• Best Dash Cam with Parking Mode: How it Works and Where to Buy.
- 2021-04-09• How Jimi Dashcams Help Your Fleet
- 2021-04-02• How does Jimi IoT Fleet Management GPS Tracking Software Look Like?
- 2021-03-24• 2G/3G/4G/5G/ LPWAN in GPS Tracking
- 2021-03-17• Improve Driver Safety with Fleet Dash Cam
- 2021-03-10• Ultimate Guide to Fleet Telematics - Explained Step by Step (2021).
- 2021-03-05• What is the usage-based insurance market?
- 2021-03-03• The High-efficient Solutions to Reduce Distracted Driving.