GPS Tracking Technology: A number of industries can benefit from GPS asset tracking as it prevents theft, loss, and damage, as well as helps better track assets for usage, maintenance, and service. Assets and vehicles can be tracked globally using hardware that combines GPS technology with cellular and/or satellite phone technology. The hardware is usually referred to as a tracker or tracking device. There are millions of shipping containers being used by the shipping industry today. With each container carrying between $10,000 and $1,000,000+ worth of goods, it’s surprising to know that very few of them are being monitored or tracked. The goods news is that technology has evolved making GPS tracking for shipping containers, a viable option to consider. These are some of the benefits that make GPS container tracking a worthy consideration today.
The tracking device is installed on an asset that needs to be tracked. This device then collects and transmit tracking data via a cellular or satellite network, to a central station. In most cases, this central station belongs to a GPS tracking service provider, which usually hosts the tracking application. The data is then made available to the user through software that offers details about the position, location, and usages of the asset. The software is made available through a variety of options such as web interface, mobile platforms, and/or integrated with other assets.
More information at
- 2022-08-09• Four Advantages of Driving Recorders that You don’t Know
- 2022-08-04• Jimi IoT LL303 Asset Tracker – ensure the safety of your assets
- 2022-08-01• AT Battery-Powered Tracker Series for Asset Management
- 2022-07-29• Find out if your car is one of the top 7 stolen in 2022
- 2022-07-26• Jimi Introduces VL502 Vehicle Locator – Greatly Reduces Vehicle Theft Risk
- 2022-07-22• Video Telematics GPS Tracking Platform
- 2022-07-19• What makes a good Vehicle GPS tracker?
- 2022-07-19• Jimi/Concox Named IoT Industry Leader by World-Leading Market Research Provider Berg Insight
- 2022-07-15• JC450 series Multi-Channel Dashcams Fully Integrated into TrackSolid Pro
- 2022-07-08• LL701 「Long-Standby Asset Management Terminal」