What is NB-IoT?
NB-IoT, the rising star in the IoT field, is the narrow band Internet of Things which built on a cellular network with low consumption and can be deployed directly on GSM networks, UMTS networks or LTE networks to reduce deployment costs and achieve a smooth upgrade. The NB-IoT uses the licensed band and can adopt three deployment modes: in-band, guard band, or independent carrier to coexist with the existing network.
Why choose NB-IoT+2G?
Focusing on the Low Power Wide Coverage (LPWA) Internet of Things (IoT) market, NB-IoT is an emerging technology that can be used globally. It has the characteristics of wide coverage, many connections, fast speed, low cost, low power consumption and excellent architecture.
1. Adopt NB-IoT+2G technology to ensure a good customer experience The existing Internet of Things technology cannot meet the application requirements of massive terminals. The existing network coverage is insufficient, and there is no signal in underground garages and tunnels, and the outdoor base stations cannot fully cover. In order to meet the fast-grounding needs of NB-IoT and ensure a good customer experience, Jimi uses NB-IoT+2G to cope with the fact that the current NB-IoT network has not been fully covered, while at the same time ensuring a good customer experience.
2. Massive connection, 200KHz frequency can provide 100,000 connections NB-IOT can support 100,000 connections in one sector. There are about 5 million physical sites in the world. If all NB-IOTs are deployed and three sectors per site are deployed, the number of IoT terminals that can be accessed will reach 450 billion.
3. low power consumption, long standby and low module cost The standby time of the NB-IoT+2G terminal module can be as long as 10 years, and the module cost is lower. Jimi launches the first Network Access license NB-IoT+2G products in the industry.
As early as at the 2015 World Mobile Communications Conference (MWC 2015), Vodafone and Huawei jointly demonstrated the smart meter reading business. Although the standard setting has not been completed, the NB-IoT application has been gradually rolled out and has been affirmed by all parties in practice.
At the 2018 World Mobile Congress Shanghai (MWCS2018), as a partner of China Mobile, Jimi Group’s new NB-IoT product “ET25N” was unveiled at the exhibition. ET25N is a smart anti-theft terminal specially designed for electric vehicles that supports NB-IoT and GPRS. It can cover blind spots such as underground areas and tunnels. The owner can not only view the position of the car in real time through the mobile APP, but also get the alarm information once in an abnormal situation in the fastest way. The car owner can remotely implement power-off and flame-out operations to minimize the stolen vehicle risk.
At the MWC conference in 2019, Jimi and MTK launched the first NB-IoT+2G IoT terminal product , that is dual-mode electric motorcycle tracker designed for the intelligent management of electric vehicles (electric motorcycles). It is small in size and easy to hide and install. It adopts narrow-band IoT technology with lower power consumption, supports NB-IoT+GSM dual-mode data transmission, meets wide-area coverage, and achieves deep coverage such as underground garage, which is suitable for more scene applications.
With the continuous penetration of NB-IoT in various industries, NB-IoT will penetrate into the fields of Internet of Vehicles, Smart Medical, and Smart Home. However, the application scenarios of the Internet of Things are complex. In the process of 2G gradual evolution to NB, we must ensure the customer’s experience and prepare for future trends. Neither single 2G nor single NB technology can achieve the best experience in stability, penetration and coverage. However, 2G+NB dual-mode technology can give full play to the advantages of both sides and solve the problem. The introduction of Jimi’s first NB-IoT+2G positioning terminal in the domestic industry undoubtedly creates more possibilities for the future of the Internet of things products. Jimi will also bring better solutions and user experience for global customers be on the Internet of things field.
- 2022-08-09• Four Advantages of Driving Recorders that You don’t Know
- 2022-08-04• Jimi IoT LL303 Asset Tracker – ensure the safety of your assets
- 2022-08-01• AT Battery-Powered Tracker Series for Asset Management
- 2022-07-29• Find out if your car is one of the top 7 stolen in 2022
- 2022-07-26• Jimi Introduces VL502 Vehicle Locator – Greatly Reduces Vehicle Theft Risk
- 2022-07-22• Video Telematics GPS Tracking Platform
- 2022-07-19• What makes a good Vehicle GPS tracker?
- 2022-07-19• Jimi/Concox Named IoT Industry Leader by World-Leading Market Research Provider Berg Insight
- 2022-07-15• JC450 series Multi-Channel Dashcams Fully Integrated into TrackSolid Pro
- 2022-07-08• LL701 「Long-Standby Asset Management Terminal」